Below are those updates, as I will be removing that doc.
September 1, 2013
- Summer’s over and we’re kicking the productivity levels back up! To start off, we will be repping at the ESC New Student Welcome/Club Showcase Tuesday (9/3) 3-5pm.
- We will have an Open House at AML this Saturday (9/7) 10am, please come out to support us, hang out with us, and/or see if Solar Car can benefit you!
February 23, 2013
- If you have been waiting for the moment to join Solar Car, today is the day! That’s right, today is crunch day. There will be pizza and drinks at lunchtime for our hardworking members today.
February 11, 2013
- Today, the Mechanical team is hard at work on parts for the body of Icarus.
- The Electrical Team became Software Engineers for the day! We’re concentrating on the software side of monitoring the battery box by looking at a previous design which receives serial data via radio transmission with the battery box’s voltages, temperatures and current.
February 2, 2013
- Today we are getting prepared to implement preliminary designs for the new and improved battery box.
January 26, 2013
- Today we are meeting with our sponsor Dr. Potter at the ECE Building on campus.
- Updates on the Mechanical side:
- In process of completing frame
- Beginning suspension
- Shopping for rare hardware to use in the construction of Icarus
- Updates on the Electrical side:
- Two BPS designs have been considered: Analog and Digital
- Jack has designed an analog BPS
January 5, 2013
- Happy New Year to everyone! We’re back from Winter vacation and back at working on Icarus. We’re in the process of completing Phase II of registration for the Shell Eco-Marathon.
- The Electrical Team (WeiRen, Therence, Tony, Jack, and Wellington) are working on a Battery Protection System to monitor voltage, current, and temperature on individual battery cells while being charged.
- The dates of the 2013 Shell Eco-marathon Americas Competition has been set for April 4th through April 7th in Houston, Texas.
- Check out the photos page for updated photos on the current project!