1. We found that our blocking diodes were wired backwards which was huge error on my (WR) part. Jarod and I fixed it and finish wiring up the array to the maximum power point trackers (MPPT). We also tried programing the remaining MPPTs we needed for the array. The Biel's MPPTs were a pain and we should get them fixed or replaced if we were to focus on the Shell Eco. 2. Friday
The course was opened for practice runs and I (WR) got out on the track with the batteries to get a few of the road and get a feel for the timing for the speed needed to get 10 laps and 3 10 seconds stops in 26 minutes.
At night, we finally manage to successfully reprogram 4 MPPTs out of the 8 we had. These MPPTs seriously need to be replaced or refurbished. It took way way too long to get that done and anyways they aren't all that efficient at the low voltage we were running Mallory at. 3. Saturday
We had a few good runs on the course, and had a better feel with the driving strategy. After the first heat, we tried tweaking the motor a little more and ran down the battery a little more from the full pack that we started. The next heat, we unfortunately drained our battery pack down to NIL as the weather was horrible so at night before we left charging up the batteries overnight.
Also, I popped the steering out from the steering rack and was fixed later by Sean.4. Sunday
In the morning, the packs were only charged up 30% and was not sufficient during heat #4. The BPS shut us of as I tried limping back into the pits. We switched out our battery pack with our spare battery cells and were able to get up into heat #5 and heat #6. The weather was perfect for solar racing and we manage to pull of 3149 miles/ gallon (unofficial). Unfortunately, we can't qualify due to our weight. Well that's a recap of what has happened. I'll update later with pictures and more notes.